Under appeal and other things

Finally I have completed the Burdastyle slip I started making last year. I made a second version from cotton over the last two weeks – this version was much easier to sew than the first version of polyester crepe de chine.  I managed to make and attach the bias trim without too much difficulty.  I lengthened  the straps by three inches, but I must have really stretched it as they ended up being about 5 1/2 inches too long.  Following the pattern for the lace trim,  I used the fabric to make the bodice edging trim.

lace trim version 1

I’ve also been preparing, otherwise known as shortening, the patterns pieces for the Vogue  1294 Anne Klein pants- to start with I shortened one inch above the knee and 1/2 inch below the knee – once they are made up I will likely need to shorten some more at the hem.  Image from voguepatterns.com:

Line Art

I’m also preparing New Look 6000 so I have a fancy dress ready when needed. Sleeve shortened by 1/2 inch and skirt by 1 inch.  I’ll make a muslin to see how much of a SBA is needed and to see if I need to raise the bust darts.  The fabric is a beautiful dark blue rayon polyester lycra crepe.

New Look 6000, dark blue RPL crepe

About these ads